Whenever you see someone ziplining on TV it always seems like such an amazing feat. To ‘zip’ around so high up and feel the rush of the wind against your skin, there truly isn’t anything else quite like it. Between that and the incredible views, it’s hardly an opportunity to miss out on. Whether you’ve been on a zip line before, or you’re considering going on one, there are a number of surprising benefits that even veteran adrenaline seekers might not know.
The Benefits Of Ziplining
A couple of the surprising benefits that can be gained from taking a zipline tour include:
- Burning Calories. Between hiking or climbing to the zipline course, and the energy spent on the zip line, you’ll be burning calories. These actions help deplete calorie stores and in turn burn unwanted fat. This makes ziplining not only a breathtaking experience, but one that can help keep you in shape!
- Heart Healthy. While major adrenaline seekers look for high octane activities to get their hearts pumping, a majority of us wouldn’t think of ziplining as a heart healthy activity; heart attack inducing maybe, though that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Ziplining acts as a good cardiovascular activity, and as such helps keep your heart in good shape. This can help manage blood pressure as well, another added bonus.
- Less Stress. When out on the zip line you will be too busy taking in the experience, and the amazing sights, to think about any of the things that have been weighing you down. Even after you’ve finished you’ll still be feeling that rush of adrenaline that can help keep the stress at bay. Another benefit of this is that it helps lower cortisol, a hormone triggered by stress. Cortisol is one of the biggest contributors of unwanted belly fat, so managing this also goes hand in hand with staying fit!
- Eye Health. We spend a lot of time staring at electronic screens. This is actually detrimental to our eyes after time, causing strain and fatigue that can turn quickly into poorer eyesight. Ziplining gives your eyes a well needed break away from the screen, and allows you to see some truly amazing natural sights in the process.
- Improved Mood. As adrenaline seekers know, ziplining aids in the release of serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin, all hormones that help improve your mood, and make you feel happy. This release is one of the things that drives people to keep coming back again and again. It’s truly one of the most amazing ways to increase your mood!
These are just 5 of the many benefits that you can experience though ziplining. Between helping improve your overall health, and improving your mood, it isn’t hard to see why so many people enjoy ziplining. This activity isn’t just for hardcore adrenaline seekers; once you’ve taken your first leap, you’ll wonder why you’ve waited so long to do it.